Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Hey Philo

On 3/16/2016 11:57 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Don Y wrote:
On 3/16/2016 6:39 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
You seem to know a lot about computers ... I've got this olde
dual core HP working as a source for the TV with one exception - I
am having problems updating flash player . Downloads 50% of the
install file an aborts . Had the same problems on more than one
computer ...

Problem with your ISP/internet connection?

It's a small file. Move it over on a thumb drive (from a machine that
*can* download it). Even if that means downloading it at a friend's
home, public library, etc.

I'm not a big fan of Adobe , but flash is the format of a lot of
the video I'd like to stream , and I'm being blocked because I don't
have the newest version . Any suggestions for a workaround ?
BTW , I welcome suggestions from anyone who has a solution .
Criticism , not so much ...

It's not the small file , it's the main .exe install file that comes after
.. It stops at 50% ...

Load the exe file directly. Don't let something ELSE pull down what
you want/need. Look for a "network administrator install" (or "offline")
version (i.e., the sort of thing an IT department would download ONCE and
then install on hundreds of machines).

See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580