David Heller

Default Panasonic service mode (can't change settings)

Width and Height adjustments should NOT be made using AVIA test patterns
they don't work(trust me I've been doing this since 1976) THE only way
to calibrate the tv is with proper test equipment. The problem is you
are playing those patterns thru your DVD player which WILL screw it up.
AND you are only setting NTSC modes NOT HD modes plus you need to be
able to set the DVD to progressive and interlace modes as they are diff
adjustments!

Dave

Nige, On a Mission From God............ wrote:
"Nath" wrote in message

My RP is slightly overscanning horizontally- when I display the Avia

screen

with a I----+----I test the two I's are just outside the screen- if I use
the user level horizontal position I can bring either one in, but

obviously

it's off-centre. I tried adjusting WID and readjusting convergence- a

little

bit too much work. I put it back after a bit, as I'm unsure of overall
widescreen shape (might be egg-shaped, I guess you need to set horizontal

&

vertical to the same overscan setting- say 3% for both?) and re-do

geometry

& convergence.

I guess a LCD & Plasma is alot easier, if you can do this within user

level

would be cool, and maybe custom overscan modes for PAL & NTSC (being that
they have different resolution etc)

You would think so, but the LCD I just bought is going back as overscan
cannot be resolved due to NO adjustments for horizontal & vertical
amplitude.

Looks like it's another plasma for me.

Nige