Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall material between dormer room and attic spaces

On 16/03/16 17:39, Tim Watts wrote:
Anyone know if in England, such a wall needs to be predominantly fire
resistant?

I dont think so but you WILL need smoke alatrms.

Stripping out the plasterboard now, to get more celotex on the underside
of the roof.

However, I'm interested in the idea of running 3' high 18mm plywood
around the entire room, routed with grooves to look like plank panelling.

Some sections would be removable and we'd make some secret doors for
access to the loft voids.

Before I go and bother the BCO, I'd like to check out some ideas so I
can go with a plan likely to meet approval.

worst case use masterboard behind the wood planks, if you need a fire
barrier.

That is not a bad idea at all... Could bond a thinner ply to the surface
to route grooves into.