Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Bank Jim Bank is offline

Default OT(ish) - lies, damned lies and ballet dancers (Grauniad)

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 16/03/16 09:07, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Huge
writes

(One of the excellent things about usually renting a house for holidays
is that you discover how dumb things like wet rooms, AGAs and ceramic
sinks
(especially underslung & butler ones) are, and how poorly designed many
kitchens are.)

Detailed evidence please.

Why is it housewives have this yearning for huge Butlers sinks? How
often do they really struggle to clean roasting pans?

I have a large stainless sink[1] which fulfils that purpose with none of
the disadvantages.

[1] WHY do people fit those stupid twin sinks

I did initially because I hadn't had a dishwasher previously.
The twin sinks work better for hand dishwashing in the
traditional way with soapy water in one and clean rinse
water in the other.

- when having the same space in one large sink is far more useful?

I do in fact have a much bigger stainless steel sink in the
laundry but don’t actually do much that needs it and
what little there is isnt stuff normally done in the kitchen.

That is with a dishwasher used all the time tho.

I would find a very large thing to soak the very dirty
full sized, 750ml beer bottles in that have been used
for tomato sauce and have not been rinsed out when
the sauce is used that I get from garage/yard sales
but I really need something much bigger than even
the biggest kitchen sink for that stuff. Makes a lot
more sense to use one of those massive great
plastic things that have to be moved with a forklift
and have that in the backyard or shed for those and
you don’t do that that often anyway.