Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT(ish) - lies, damned lies and ballet dancers (Grauniad)

On 16/03/16 15:13, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , S Viemeister
wrote:

On 3/16/2016 8:55 AM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , News
wrote:

In message , Tim Lamb
writes

Why is it housewives have this yearning for huge Butlers sinks? How
often do they really struggle to clean roasting pans?

Tell me about it. We have an original Butler sink in what was the
scullery, and Wifey wants it in the kitchen. I have resisted for the
last 14 years, and have no intention of giving up now :-)

This one here wants a double stainless steel sink with a drainer at
each end.

I've never liked built-in drainers, and I particularly dislike double
ones. They waste far too much counter space. I prefer a separate
drainer which can be plopped by the sink when necessary,

So all the water from the items being drained falls on the counter. And
then how do ye get it into the sink?

I would imaging it has a tray with a runoff lip that hangs over the sink.