Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT(ish) - lies, damned lies and ballet dancers (Grauniad)

On 16/03/16 11:46, Mike Barnes wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
[1] WHY do people fit those stupid twin sinks - when having the same
space in one large sink is far more useful?

Others have responded in detail, but I had one in my previous house and
that experience persuaded me to have one here as well. Yes, there are
times when a huge sink would be convenient. But they're easily
outweighed by the numerous occasions on which it's good to have a second
sink, or a smaller sink. BTW I have what I think of as one and a half
sinks, i.e. a decent (not huge) one with a smaller one alongside it, and
I assume that's what you're talking about.

Must be a strongly user specific thing - I've never found a use for the
weeny sink an often curse the lack of space in the main. Mostly, if I am
soaking things, I don't care if I spill more water over them washing my
hands or some food items. If I were soaking ingredients (vegetables
etc), I'd do that in a clean bowl...