Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Square D electrical panel question

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 19:37:32 -0000, Muggles wrote:

On 3/12/2016 1:10 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 22:47:39 -0000, Uncle Monster
wrote:

I'm in Alabamastan where warm air from The Gulf of Mexico collides
with cold air from Canada. This makes for some interesting weather
patterns. The Gulf is a thermal engine that runs a lot of weather
systems in The Northern Hemisphere. A warm current from The Gulf even
flows up and across The Atlantic and winds up around The UK. The
thing about the weather here in Alabama is that if you don't like it,
stick around a little while and it will change. Sunday the very early
morning temperature here was 40 degrees Fahrenheit and Monday
afternoon, the temperature was 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Now at 8:30pm
Monday night, it's 66 degrees Fahrenheit. We get wild temperature
swings here in The South at different times of the year. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Southern Monster
Nothing like here between the lakes in Ontario ----20C last week,
it'll be +20 on Thursday, like it was a couple weeks ago.
A couple years ago it went from "25 or 26C back down to -15 or so
within a week in March.

Usually our weather around here is pretty stable but it seems like
climate chaos at certain times of the year especially during the
change of seasons. One day you need a coat and the next you're wearing
shorts and a T shirt. In the middle of March 1993 we had a blizzard
that dropped 12 to 20 inches of snow over Alabamastan. If you look at
the weather maps, you can see how a tongue of tropical moisture comes
up from The Gulf of Mexico and dumps rain on the South. Right now
neighboring states are getting hammered and the rain was splitting my
state in two a few days ago. It's 74F right now and it's forecast to
be 78F tomorrow. It's actually what Spring is supposed to be like
around here. I'm sure it will be different next year. O_o

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weathe...-week/55871162

http://tinyurl.com/htqvfrs

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/bmx/?n=winter_blizzardof1993

Nobody needs a coat. Humans are warm blooded.

And because we're warm blooded we get cold when the temps drop.

WRONG. A lizard or a goldfish will get cold when the temperature drops. They will slow down considerably. We however remain around 37C inside.

Many people don't like being cold,

Which is a stupid thing to not like. All you're getting is cold skin. So what? Why is detecting a different temperature on your skin any different to detecting that it's dark, or you're walking on softer ground? It's an input telling you about your surroundings, and nothing to be concerned about.

and while we don't need a coat, it's a
good idea to add additional clothing so we don't freeze.

It's very difficult to freeze yourself. You'd need much lower temperatures than are available where you live.

Do you have a coat, or do you layer?

Neither. I wear usually just a pair of shorts. Only add more if I'm going somewhere fancy, then I wear a tshirt.

--
The Archbishop of Canterbury and The Royal Commission for Political Correctness announced today that the climate in the UK should no longer be referred to as "English Weather".
Rather than offend a sizeable portion of the UK population, it will now be referred to as "Muslim Weather" - (Partly Sunni, but mostly Shi'ite).