Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT What is this? #

On 03/15/2016 01:20 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 10:56:32 PM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 03/14/2016 06:16 PM, bob_villain wrote:

[snip]

This will make you correct about 98% of the time. I before E, except after in C or words that say ā [ei], as in neighbor and weigh.

I think there's another part to that. Something about Y or W?

BTW, How many English words do you know where W is a vowel?

Does crwth count, having passed from into English to
describe that particular instrument?

Cindy Hamilton

I think that's one of the two words. I don't know about the other
(although I seem to remember similar origin).

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted
its data." [Henry Morris, Head of Institute for Creation Research]