jakdedert

Default Sources of info to retrieve data off failing (failed) hard drives.

Many have advocated freezing the drive in a sealed plastic bag overnight,
then *immediately* powering up and copying.

jak

"Stellijer" wrote in message
.. .

Ian Stirling wrote in message
Stellijer wrote:
Anyone know of any great web sites or discussions boards for reviving

hard
drives which have failed fir data retreival?

I have two hard drives which failed within 2 weeks of each other

before
backups
could be made of certain data. I'd like to research the best ways to

recover
the data.

The best way is to pay a professional recovery company to do it.

Oh, yeah - and they say "$500-$1000 is our minimum fee".

While that may be the BEST way, it's not a realistic one. The only way a
recovery company would be worth it is if you are a company with project

data on
the drive (and any such company would be foolish to not run backups

regularly on
mission critical data).

I'm hoping there's a way to get the drive working just long enough to

retrieve
the data.