Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Baxter Bill Baxter is offline

Default toilet overflow pipe flapper clamp source?

On 03/15/2016 01:47 PM, bob_villain wrote:
On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 10:11:12 AM UTC-5, Bill Baxter wrote:
My latest toilet issue is that since I have one of those flappers that
slides down around my brass overflow tube, the flapper is having the
tendency to creep after days or weeks, creating a leak. Question: is
there a clamp with ears that I could tighten around the overflow pipe so
that I can use a standard flapper that clips to the ears? I really
think this would solve the creeping, but I am unable to find a web
source carrying such a clamp. Thanks.

Fluidmaster makes one with a spring clamp that has "ears" for the flapper. http://tinyurl.com/jg3cksb

Yes, that's what I ended up getting. I have it and their flapper
installed now and running a test for a few hours to see if there's
leakage before I do a full install.

I remembered after purchasing this today that they did have such a kit,
but had forgotten about it. Before I remembered and asked them in the
plumbing store about such a clamp, no one seemed to know that there was.
I ended up going to Walmart where I spotted the clamp in the kit.