Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Vertical Grab Bar: Only Two Screws?

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 14:21:42 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per dpb:
What size/material screw used? If it's sized properly and not something
brittle like sheetrock screws, one'll hold more than your weight easily,
given proper installation.

Thanks.... They're pretty official-looking screws supplied by the grab
bar manufacturer, so I would trust they are sufficient.

Now that I am visualizing it, weight on the bar results in a levering
force over a 1.5" lever that is stopped by the 3" diameter mounting
plate bearing on the wall and transferred into trying to pull the screw
directly out of the wood.

Personally, I'd go with a longer screw - maybe stainless imo.