Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Electric Comet Electric Comet is offline

Default Turning Tool advice

On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 06:22:51 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Leonhardt wrote:

Ebay so I just need the time to do the work. I like the fact that
this is an old tool and I am hopeful I can learn to "turn" out some
quality work.

one bit advice
do not let the rebuild get in the way of turning

So now I'm back to figuring out the motor mount and one other thing.
I know how desirable it is to have a heavy stand but, at the same
time, I would like to make this lathe mobile (well, at least
semi-mobile). Been studying retractable wheels.

there are some videos of different retractable wheel ideas

as always some are better than others and it always depends on
the application

there are plenty of good wheels available

i looked at them all i think but not for a lathe

look and learn from other mobile lathe options on the market