Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Baxter Bill Baxter is offline

Default toilet overflow pipe flapper clamp source?

On 03/15/2016 11:31 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 11:11:12 AM UTC-4, Bill Baxter wrote:
My latest toilet issue is that since I have one of those flappers that
slides down around my brass overflow tube, the flapper is having the
tendency to creep after days or weeks, creating a leak. Question: is
there a clamp with ears that I could tighten around the overflow pipe so
that I can use a standard flapper that clips to the ears? I really
think this would solve the creeping, but I am unable to find a web
source carrying such a clamp. Thanks.

I'm not sure, but I think I may have seen such a thing as part of
the kits at HD etc. Like a rubber part that slides over the tube,
has ears for a typical flapper to attach. Have you looked there?

That's where I think I saw it before, but I'll know for sure today.
Thanks.

I have to say that I'm surprised they don't do it this way with the
slide over flappers because if mine's creeping, I'm sure many others had
the issue as well. I already had a stainless steel hose clamp tightened
just above it because the flapper had the tendency to creep upward, but
now going side to side of course.