Pat

Default JVC TV horizontal line across the middle

I have a 32" JVC TV, about 7 years old. It works on and off lately,
it will show a horizontal line across the middle. I am fairly
familiar with electronics, obviously the vertical is messed. But if I
whack the side of the TV the picture comes back, sometimes it will
stay on for an hour, sometimes only a minute. It's no longer under
warranty and was fairly expensive so it would be worth fixing, I read
on here that JVC have notorious cold solder joints, if that is all it
might be I might be able to fix it myself. Seems like something is
loose since it comes back when i hit it. If it might be more invovled
than resoldering a couple things I would rather put the liability on
someone else. Any ideas how invovled that might be or how much it may
cost to fix? Thanks, -Pat