Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_10_] Muggles[_10_] is offline

Default OT What is this? #

On 3/14/2016 11:10 PM, Don Y wrote:
On 3/14/2016 3:26 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 03/13/2016 10:21 PM, rbowman wrote:

[snip]

There's a mountain west of town that was named Squaw Peak, or Squaw Tit
originally. The Indians decided 'squaw' was derogatory, so it was
renamed 'Ch-paa-qn'. Good luck with that. It's still Squaw to me.

I never understood the "dirty word" mentality. You can call something a
"dungheap" or a "pile of manure" (of even 'Ralph' if you wanted to).
It's still
the same thing as the "stinking heap of ****" it was before.

Controlling language is a way of controlling thought.

Language is only one means amongst many used to communicate. It's
impossible to control the thought's of anyone. What is possible is to
attempt to control how people express their thoughts.

--
Maggie