Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Engine Management Units

On 15/03/16 10:02, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Hi guys,

I have an EMU from a Land Rover which just suddenly failed one day
without warning as I was driving down the road. I was wondering if
there's any possibility of fixing it, given that schematics are AFAIK
unavailable due to commercial confidentiality. Of course there are some
basic checks that can be done without a diagram, but take a look at this
thing and tell me what I could try doing with it. I've carefully
inspected it close up but can find *nothing* at all visibly wrong with it:

http://tinyurl.com/hvk5eac

BTW, the whole board has been thickly sprayed with clear varnish which
accounts for all the bright dots which appear on some of the parts -
they're not indicative of any failure.

Any suggestions?

"My car is broken. Can you tell me how I can fix it?"