Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 04:38:15 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/10/2016 10:39 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
By lap belts, do you mean seatbelts or something special? When driving
I find that since I'm holding the steering wheel, I don't fall out of
the seat and have no need for a belt.

Just the belt across your lap, not the whole across your torso rigs of
today. Find yourself a nice old tank with a vinyl bench seat and try to
get up to a 1G sideways force in a turn. The car will probably break
loose before you get 1G, but your ass is going to be headed across the
seat well before then.

But modern vehicles don't have slidy seats.

--
Hello: A shout to attract attention, first recorded 1588. Popularity as a greeting coincides with use of the telephone, where it won out over Alexander Graham Bell's suggestion, ahoy.