Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default OT Oyster card or Visitor Oyster card?

On 14/03/16 16:15, Andrew wrote:
On 14/03/2016 09:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
Now of course you need to keep your contactless credit or debit card in a
tin box so it does not get accidentally charged instead of the Oyster.

Brian

I have a PAYG oyster card and if I log in to my tfl account there is an
option to register a contactless card. This makes me suspect that an
unknown contactless card will be ignored

Nope. Registering a card is optional and is useful for online tracking
of journeys etc.

Anyone can still jump on the system without.

, though its proximity to a
registered card might result in card clash. The advantage of an Oyster
card is that you can keep it seperate from your money cards which also
means eagle-eyed pickpocketers don't see which pocket your wallet goes
back into.

Oyster cards can also be loaded with season tickets.

--
Adrian C