Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Square D electrical panel question

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 01:07:57 -0000, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 23:33:48 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

Never happens in the UK, maybe you need more land mass?

You have that backward, your weather is very temperate because you
live on a fairly small island surrounded by water and no real
mountains. There is not much there to vary your weather.
It you just chose one state in the US, Arizona, (itself larger than
all of UK, including Ireland) you would have deserts where the
temperature is well over 50-55c and mountains 4 times the height of
your "Highlands" where -30-40c is not uncommon. When you have the jet
stream sweeping over a 3000 mile land mass, the weather is a lot more
variable than a place where the wind is coming across 3000 miles of
somewhat stable ocean water temperatures.
Then you get down where I am and the weather is tropical, a whole
different breed of cat. Hurricanes and tornadoes get most of the
attention but the typical summer thunderstorm still scares most
European tourists.
They tend not to be here in the summer tho. Tourist visas are only
good for 6 months and most choose the winter months.

I wasn't backward, you just misunderstood it as I was too brief. What I meant was "Storms like that never happen in the UK, maybe we need more land mass for severe weather?", not "You need more land mass to stop it happening".

--
It is preferential to refrain from the utilization of sesquipadelian verbiage in the circumstance that your intellectualization can be expressed using comparatively simplistic lexicological entities.