Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tomorrow (March 12, 2016)

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:44:13 -0500, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 3/13/2016 12:52 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:19:38 -0500, SeaNymph
wrote:

On 3/13/2016 10:39 AM, Arthur Andersen wrote:
On 03/12/2016 06:51 PM, Retired wrote:

As the old gal up the street says "I wish they would quit messing with
the clocks. My roses need all the sunlight they can get"

Morning sun is more beneficial than evening sun so the government should
add the extra hour of light in the morning.

I always laugh when I read about the "extra hour". There is still the
same amount of sun there was the day before

That is not really true, there will be more sunlight every successive
day until June 21, then the days start getting shorter again. DST is
reflecting that, based on when the sun goes down, and gives an
apparently longer time between getting off work and dark.

I agree it might be easier for employers to simply let people start
work sooner in the summer but they want the whole area to be in sync.

I am retired and I am never sure what time it is anyway so I really
don't care anyway.

Yes, I understand that the days get longer and shorter, depending on the
time of year.

That doesn't change anything, nor does it make referring to the "extra
hour" of daylight any more sensible.

It is just the perception given by getting off work an hour earlier in
the summer..

I always had problems with the switch back in the fall because,
suddenly you were driving home in the dark.