Posted to alt.home.repair
Idlehands Idlehands is offline

Default Anyone have a favorite ip camera surveillance system?

On 2016-03-13 7:55 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Idlehands:

My research indicates you still need power to the wireless cameras,
either way you are dealing with pulling wire. Unless you have a
convenient outlet to plug the camera power supply into.

Maybe others have had better luck, but the couple of WiFi cams I tried
were pretty much hopeless. IIRC at 640x480 they were barely functional
and anything higher was totally useless.

OTOH it might say more about the quality of my WiFi than any device...
but I am heavily biased in favor of hard-wired Ethernet whenever
possible.

I tend to agree, I have done some installations where wireless bridges
were used to bridge from poles to building. They have a greater failure
rate due to snow and rain than any hard-wire camera.

--
When Stephen Hawking was asked his IQ he said:

"I have no idea. People who boast about their I.Q. are losers."