Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT What is this? #

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 18:02:23 -0500, Mr Macaw wrote:

A bunch snipped.

How big is an acre? Try to imagine it in terms of square yards. Not
easy.

I don't know how city people measure lot sizes. We measure farm ground
in terms of sections (640 A) , half sections (320 A) , quarter sections
(160 A),
then 80s and 40s. A parcel of ground for sale might be advertised as a
quarter
but containing 156.83 acres. The odd numbers are because the roadways
are included
in the general description I gave at the start.
Oh, almost forgot. A section is one square mile.