Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Computer idiot

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 12:44:29 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 3/13/2016 12:35 PM, philo wrote:
Did a computer repair yesterday and returned it today.

He said he knew how to hook it up.

A few hours later he called and told me he could not enter text.

From previous experience with this clown I knew at once he did not have the
keyboard plugged in.

My question:

How did he manage to plug in the mouse, the AC cord, the monitor and the
Ethernet cable?

How do you know he had ANY of those plugged in? He may have been
staring at a BLACK monitor, banging on the keyboard and complaining
that he "couldn't enter text!"

For that matter how did he even figure out how to dial my phone number?

I won't do repairs (computer, TV, etc.) or reinstalls (software) for
hire. Gladly do them GRATIS for friends/colleagues but not "the paying
public"... they expect too much and invest too little!

I do it on a regular basis, but it's to the point I have to charge
enough to cover the inevitable right up front. If they think I'm
charging too much, that's fine with me. I'm getting ready to retire -
I don't particularly need the work.