Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT What is this? #

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 20:33:58 -0000, Dean Hoffman wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 13:22:28 -0500, Mr Macaw wrote:

What do Americans call this sign? #

72# = 72 pounds.
#72 = number 72.
My dad used to refer to some distances as 40 or 80 rods.
We still use gallons, pints, quarts, fluid ounces etc.
Miles, yards, feets and inches.

That must make school hell. We can change from one thing to another, like metres to kilometres simply by multiplying or dividing by 1000.

A meter in my world measures electrical stuff.

Meter, metre.

Most of us might be crazy but it's the crazy people that
invent things.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the
unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the
world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends
on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw.

Wise words.

--
My neighbour asked if he could use my lawnmower. I told him of course he could, so long as he didn't take it out of my garden. -- Eric Morecambe