Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Interconnected Smoke Alarms -- Options/Wiring -- Wireless?

On 3/13/2016 3:53 PM, Don Y wrote:
While researching this, I am seeing wireless smoke alarms that appear
to be
able to communicate with each other so that if one goes off they all
go off.
But, I can't quite tell if that means that it is possible to create a
whole
new interconnected wireless alarm system for the whole house without
having
to run any interconnecting wires through the walls and ceilings etc.
That
sounds too good to be true, but is that really an option? -- an all
wireless
interconnected alarm system?

I'd be leary about relying on wireless for anything safety critical.
Our neighbor's home alarm is wireless; I am sorely tempted to hack it
just to see to which sorts of exploits it would be vulnerable! :

You sound like all kinds of fun, as a neighbor.

--
..
Christopher A. Young