Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default Square D electrical panel question

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 19:54:19 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 9:54:07 AM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 14:43:11 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 9:14:22 AM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 07 Mar 2016 14:48:12 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 6:38:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 12:20:17 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

Some of the code is way above ,but guess the government is trying to prevent
people from doing stupid things. They are regulating how hot the coffee can
be in restraunts now. Seems that a while aback someone got some hot coffee
at a drive through and spilled it on their selves and got burnt and sued and
won about 5 or 6 million dollars for that.

They were awarded a huge amount (2.68 million, i believe), but
McDonalds appealed and the payment was significantly reduced, with the
woman eventually recieving $640,000.

And there were extenuating circumstances too. The plaintiff showed that
McDonalds knew for a long time that their coffee was far hotter than
coffee at similar places, dangerously hot, etc and did nothing about it.
It was so hot that it melted the nylon the woman was wearing, as I recall.

It can't be more than boiling point. Most people boil the water for their coffee. There is no excuse for the woman being so stupid.

The correct brewing temp for coffee is ~200F. That's brewing temp,
not serving temp. Serving temp varies from place to place, but
IDK any place here that serves it anywhere close to boiling,
~160 - 170F seems to be a typical serving temp. McDonalds
was *serving* it at around 200, as I recall.

So what, all are hot enough to burn you, which is why I don't understand peopledrinking hot coffe. I always have to wait about 10-15 minutes before I can drink it.

Which is more likely to melt nylons and give you third degree burns?

There isn't much difference between 200 and 170F.

And how was the woman
stupid? She bought the coffee at a McDonald;s drive-thru. It
accidentally spilled. If she's stupid for buying coffee at their
drive-thru, then McD is stupid for selling it at their drive-thru.
And it was shown that McD knew that it was exceptionally hot, the
woman did not.

She picked up a cup of something and couldn't tell what temperature it was?

I guess they don't have drive-thrus in the UK.

Yes, we do. But we aren't stupid enough to put hot coffee balanced in stupid places.

She pulled up to a window
and they handed her the coffee. By then it was too late and she had
no way of knowing what temp it was. But McD did know that it was being
served at 200F, too hot for anyone to drink.

It wasn't too late, she was holding it and knew what temperature it was by the sensors in the skin of her hand, yet she chose to balance it in her lap, next to her naughty bits.

She balanced it in her lap then spilt it. Coffee is hot, that's a simple fact known to anyone with half a brain. This ****wit must have thought she'd ordered pop or something. Is she retarded? What was she doing driving a car if she was that dopey? Fine her for frivolous allegations. Even better drown the lawyer who took her side. Even better drown all lawyers. Slowly. Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming other people like pathetic little 6 year olds. In the UK, that lawsuit would have failed immediately. But then again, UK intelligence is a lot higher. If you guys would stop protecting your dumbasses, your next generation might match the intelligence of the rest of the world and you'd no longer be the laughing stock of our planet.

Feel free to rant. The jury ruled in her favor, it's over. And I think
there was enough evidence there to support the verdict.

Your courts always get things wrong, basically because it's similarly stupid Americans voting in the jury. The simple fact is people should look after themselves. McDonalds did not throw the coffee over her. SHE caused the coffee to spill. ONLY SHE is to blame. This is simple logic and if you can't follow that it's no wonder you spend half your life in courts suing each other, it really is pathetic to watch. Take some responsibility for your on actions and grow the **** up.

--
Patient: Doctor, I think I need glasses.
Madam: I think so, too. This is a brothel.