Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default G Fretwell picture

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 17:45:43 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 17:32:51 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 15:09:57 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 08:16:03 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/12/2016 9:40 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 19:33:22 -0600, Muggles
Just slip on a hat and get on with your life

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/crystal%20m...20Michigan.jpg

{{{{{{{{{brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!}}}}}}

I guess the fur on your face does the trick.

Yup it puts me over.
That was really a joke shot for my family because I pretty much never
change out of those clothes no matter how cold it gets in Florida. If
I have a shirt on it is winter and if they ever see me in long pants
it is time to cover up the plants and worry about your pipes freezing.
I actually can survive longer than most people in the cold. I really
thought of putting on my skis and shooting a video going by.
The kids were freaking out.

Nice to be able to stand cold, like that. Now
that I'm getting elderly, I need to bundle up.

Coming up on 70 here.

Anybody can withstand cold, it's called being warm blooded, all mammals are warm blooded. And actually it increases your immune system and burns calories. It's bad for you to keep warm all the time.

It really comes down to your ability to regulate the temperature in
your body. I tend to hold heat in my core so I don't seem to be cold
for quite a while but the flip side of that is it makes me more
susceptible to frost bite in my extremities.

Everybody has the ability, but a lot of people moan about nothing. You shiver when you lose 1 to 2C of heat. You need to lose SEVENTEEN C of heat to die. So stop worrying about it. Shivering doesn't mean you're too cold, it STOPS you getting too cold.

--
When you own Llamas... spit happens