The Natural Philosopher

Default Damp wall

JK wrote:

Would there be any mileage on stripping the plaster on the inside say up to
3' and painting something waterproof on the inside bricks then replastering?
Or would that just make the water com out higher up?

Yes and no. Sort of.

IF you RENDER the inside with water resistant mortar, of course it will
come out higher, the trick is to make it come out on the OUTSIDE of the
house...I did this on one house and it definitely helped a bit, but it
wasn't a total solution.

I'd say injection is the way to go frankly. My previous house was rotten
with damp, some of which was rising. Where it had been injected it did
actually solbve th eproblem (suffolk clay)...sadly hu=ge areas on
internal walls and in partucular the fireplace couldn't be injected, and
that was where the rot was the worst, and the effloresence..