Mark D. Zacharias

Default pioneer vsx-d409

Actually, I do have the PDF available, and as luck would have it, I'm back
to a higher-speed connection.
Post back if you want it and I'll reply direct with the attachment. It's
about 4 meg.

Mark Z.

"Andrew Hebert" wrote in message
om...
Hi Mark,

You didn't mention if you had a copy of those schematics available. I
am going to try to repair the same model of receiver, and those
schematics would be extremely useful.

Thanks a bunch,

Andrew

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

There should be a .22 ohm resistor in front of each output IC

corresponding
to each amp channel. Probably 5 watt, white emitter resistors. You can
measure the DC at these resistors. Whichever one has the big DC voltage

is
your bad IC.

Be aware Pioneer also uses special little pico-fuses on many of these
models - you might have one or more bad.
I believe they're rated at 10 amps on your model. I only see one in the
schematic, but I could have missed something. It could be a regular

fuse -
the schem doesn't say. The part number given here is REK1087.

The output IC's are pretty much only available from Pioneer. There is a

STK
lot number on the back but generic suppliers wouldn't be any cheaper on
these - I've tried.

Pioneer's parts dept. number in the U.S. is:
800-457-2881. Try telling them you're with a servicer, you might get it
cheaper.

Mark Z.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
OK, I'm going to try to look up the stuff. I'll get back to you.

mz

--
Please reply only to Group. I regret this is necessary. Viruses and

spam

"Joust" wrote in message
this has two power modules.
is there a way to detemine if one or both is defective?
i can get into it. don't be shy on technical gotta do's

thanks for your help.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
The most common thing is a blown amp channel. Don't remember if

yours
uses
discrete transistors or output IC's.

Pioneers for the most part have no direct access to the bottom of

the
main
board. This would make a do-it-yourself repair rather difficult

for
most
people.

Mark Z.

--
Please reply only to Group. I regret this is necessary. Viruses

and
spam

"Joust" wrote in message
I have this problem with my receiver. pioneer vsx-d409

unit turns on.

After a few seconds the unit flashes "poweroff" on the screen

and
shuts
down.

switching seems to be fine, volume adjusts on the screen. the

speaker
output
releays do not engage.

AC relay is turned on. I can read dc voltage on the two large

bridge
rectifiers

I do not have a service manual so I cannot say if it the correct

voltage.

There is a fuse near the power amp section that gets no voltage.

This
is
the
only thing I notice out of the ordinary.

One thing to note though. The fuse holder closest to the AC

input
was
bent,
so that the fuse was very loose. The fuse was ok but maybe it

causes
spikes????

Any ideas?