Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default BREXIT on Any Questions

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 13/03/16 10:57, Tim Lamb wrote:
It is standard practice actually to spray herbicicide on the cereal
crops in order to kill the lot off, so its all nice and dried out by
the time you combine it.

I'm not up to date on this but applied farm chemicals are a significant
part of the growing cost and not used without careful consideration.

I suppose you might use pre-harvest glyphosate on a cereal crop with a
high weed burden or where a clean seedbed is required for a following
crop of OSR

No. its standard on rape. My bad, I said cereal, but in fact its rape
they spray off.

OK.

They used to desiccate potato haulm with dilute sulphuric acid!

--
Tim Lamb