Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default OT Hinkley Point

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
tim... wrote
Rod Speed wrote
harry wrote

I see the gov. are bent on building Hinkley

Because they realise that the alternatives are even worse economically.

if you read the first item you will see that the complaint is about the
choice of technology, not the choice of fuel

I wasn't talking about fuel economy.

Though it does annoy me that they persist in claiming it's a "taxpayer
subsidy" when what they mean is "consumer subsidy", not all consumers pay
"tax"

There are very few consumers who don't pay at least some VAT,
just those tho never buy anything but zero rated items and there
are damned few of those now.

I know but the point is the money does not come out of the taxes that I
already pay

It is an additional amount that needs to be paid

And they meant subsidised by the taxpayers, they aren't
subsidised by all consumers, particularly those who are
not grid connected.

well obvious not

but the subsidy is most definitely paid by consumers (of electricity)

it will be taken away from you by adding it to your leccy bill, it does not
come out of the common pool of already collected taxes

timn