Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default toilet, toilet, TOILET!!!!!

On 03/12/2016 09:28 AM, Bill Baxter wrote:
Dam*n thing is still leaking around the flapper. I've NEVER had
something like this that was so difficult to solve. It's been going on
now for months despite everything I've tried and the suggestions here.

The latest change, as you'll recall, was using fishing line to connect
to the handle rod. Worked ok, but I could hear it occasionally running
earlier today. Now it seems like the flapper doesn't reseat the same
way each time. It will go for a day, or several days, and then it
starts leaking because when it closes it's not reseating the same way. I
know this because when I moved it slightly today, the trickle leaks
stopped.

I had a similar problem

$80 for a new toilet...about an hour labor

done