Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr Macaw Mr Macaw is offline

Default OT Idiot lights-out drivers

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 03:43:04 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 03/09/2016 01:54 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

So some of your states have no insurance? How does that work in an
accident? Do you have to chase the person at fault for the money?

I think most states now have insurance requirements but that doesn't
mean people have insurance. There's an 'uninsured motorist' option that
is $20 a year or some other trivial amount. Bikes in this state do not
have to be insured but I carry it anyway.

The last time I got stopped I whipped out my deck of insurance cards (3
bikes, a car, and a pickup) and didn't have an up to date one for the
vehicle. The insurance was current but I'd been lax in updating the
cards. The speeding fine was negligible but the lack of proof of
insurance was several hundred bucks. No problem, I just had to go to the
courthouse and produce proof and that was dropped from the ticket but I
found out how serious they are about uninsured vehicles.

Try that here and they actually destroy your vehicle. Environmentally friendly government my ass.

--
A man is a person who will pay two dollars for a one-dollar item he wants.
A woman will pay one dollar for a two-dollar item that she doesn't want.