Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I broke the handle off a ball valve. How to attach it???

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 06:19:31 -0600, wrote:

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 20:39:31 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

I thought about drilling into that brass, and threading the hole, but
there is not much material there, so I might end up drilling into the
inside ball, and ruining the whole thing. My only other thought is to
glue it on with JB Weld. But first I have to buy some, since I used up
what I had before. That will probably be the way I do it, but thought
I'd post this and see if anyone else has any suggestions.
Sometimes there are some good suggestions on here!

How about using a small pair of Vise Grips for a handle?
Sharkbite fittings and some sort of telescope instead of
cutting and threading?

Thanks,
The vice grips is a possible solution.

I dont think they make Sharkbites for galvanized pipe, but I may be
wrong. However, I wont use any of them. Not only are they over priced,
but they can fail, and I know that for fact, after seeing it happen.

I'm not sure what you mean by "some sort of telescope" ????

You are already usig something that "can fail" - it already has.

If you have galvanized pipe in your house, now might be a good time to
start replacing it. It will in all likelihood need to be changed when
the time comes to sell the house, or if you decide to change insurers.