Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default 2 Cycle "Gas"

On 03/12/2016 08:50 AM, notbob wrote:
I'm pretty sure the oil will remain good, but the gasoline will age.
Old gas will evaporate and leave a hardened "shellac"-like verneer on any
parts it was be in contact with. This "shellac" must be removed.
Also, "old" gas jes doesn't work as well as fresh gas. Gasoline older
than a couple months should be replaced, if it hasn't already
evaporated.

I've got a couple of bikes sitting out in the driveway that haven't ran
since the end of October. When I put the batteries in, I expect they'll
start and run fine like they have every year. Sometimes I use StaBil,
sometimes not. The pickup is semi-retired, gets one the road once or
twice a year, and it will start too. I honestly can't remember the last
time I filled it up.

ymmv, but that's been my experience.