Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BREXIT on Any Questions

On 12/03/16 16:12, wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

And what was it? He'd seen a Spanish farmer spraying a crop of
cauliflowers with something - presumably an insecticide - and then lifting
them for sale two days later. When the regs say spraying must finish at
least a week before lifting.

Of course no one picked up on this. The implication being he wanted to see
any regulations about the use of insecticides removed. And left purely to
the farmer. To put him on equal footing with a Spanish farmer who was
breaking the law.

Why is that the implication. And in any case that would be the correct
solution. See, if legislation is not enforced, then it's pointless.
Who's going to enforce that in Spain, or France. No one, probably. Over
here it is enforced, and so our guys are at a disadvantage. Outside the
EU, we'd be able to have the same regulation and insist that imports
follow the same standard, with our own inspectors on site.

Great - leave the EU and be allowed to eat poisonous cauliflowers.

No, leave the EU and NOT be forced to import poisonous cauliflowers.

Josef Stalin