Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BREXIT on Any Questions

In article ,
wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

And what was it? He'd seen a Spanish farmer spraying a crop of
cauliflowers with something - presumably an insecticide - and then
lifting them for sale two days later. When the regs say spraying must
finish at least a week before lifting.

Of course no one picked up on this. The implication being he wanted
to see any regulations about the use of insecticides removed. And
left purely to the farmer. To put him on equal footing with a Spanish
farmer who was breaking the law.

Why is that the implication. And in any case that would be the correct
solution. See, if legislation is not enforced, then it's pointless.
Who's going to enforce that in Spain, or France. No one, probably.
Over here it is enforced, and so our guys are at a disadvantage.
Outside the EU, we'd be able to have the same regulation and insist
that imports follow the same standard, with our own inspectors on site.

Great - leave the EU and be allowed to eat poisonous cauliflowers.

Yes. It was an absolutely crass example to give. You'd have thought he'd
have anticipated such a question and had lots of decent examples to hand.
If, as he said, they are stopping farmers earning a decent living.

--
*Why do the two "sanction"s (noun and verb) mean opposites?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.