The Natural Philosopher

Default sheared Allen Bolt removal

Rasputin wrote:

I've got a baby high chair which has had one of the heads
of a supporting Allen Bolt shear off.

So I've got a bolt stuck in the chair. I'd like to get it out
myself, otherwise we're looking at 2 weeks without the chair
while the manufacturers decide if they want to replace it....

My guess is I need to somehow get a slot etched into the top so
I can get it out with a flathead. But how can I do that since its
flush with the wood?

I hear EZouts are a bad idea, since they're prone to snap off...

Any suggestions?
Cheers!

Ther are things made called stud extractors. Its basically a sor of
posidtve screw with a left hand theread, and a hex sectiobn on top[.

You drill the stud, and screw the extractor in, and extract away.,