Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default an office boiler issue

Brian Gaff wrote

It does not matter about the make, its an excuse why its doing stuff that
I want to run past folk.

The controller device is wireless, and the folk looking after the boiler
are suggesting that the office wifi is causing the problem of it not
keeping in touch with the main boiler.

Seems a bit of a lame excuse to me. OK its not new, but the landlord seems
to me to be making excuses cos it will either cost him too much to fix it,
or they really have no idea why its losing its communications and then
theboiler reverts to a kind of safe default which is basically frost
prevention.

Or it may be true and the boiler controller is poorly designed
and can't handle lots of other stuff on that channel.

So you need to say what the make and model is so that a google
can be done to see if others are seeing the same problem. If they
aren't, then it is likely that someone is being fobbed off and that
may in fact be the landlord.