Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default If gluttony is a sin...

On 3/11/2016 5:11 PM, notX wrote:
On 03/10/2016 11:18 AM, bob_villain wrote:

[snip]

"Sin" is commonly defined only in reference to a particular imaginary
being. This being shows no sign of existence, other than as part of
certain belief systems. Only believers can sin, since the word is
undefined for others.

You can also "do wrong" to your yourself or others...it doesn't require your
"belief system" theory.

Of course there's "do wrong". Do you consider "sin" to mean "Do wrong"? Many do
not. I said nothing about doing wrong, but about one particular definition of
"sin", which doesn't correspond to anything in the real world.

Obviously, my saying "Christ!" is a sin! I'm not sure how "wrong" it is,
though... And, the mere *idea* of drooling over my neighbor's new car,
young wife, etc.

OTOH, the Catholic church seems to think it's OK for pedophile priests
to continue to serve -- I guess as long as they are SORRY for what they've
done (and TRY not to do it, again... lest they have to be relocated YET AGAIN!)