Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Outdoor halogen replacements

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 14:01:43 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Looking to replace several 150W halogens with something a bit more
energy efficient.

I suspect LED isn't up to the task, yet, at those light levels
(in an outdoor fixture).

Best I can seem to come up with is
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=296861-20424-L90UTIL
though that's probably a bit more light than we currently have.

(and, lamp life isn't too good -- stock up on spares?)

Anyone with experience with non-incandescent BIG, outdoor light sources?

Lots of city and highway "street lamps" have gone to LED with
excellent results. Lots of parking lot / carlot lights as well.

The entire factory where I work 2 afternoons a week is lit with LEDs,
including their parking lot.