Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Outdoor halogen replacements

Hi Scott,

On 3/11/2016 2:13 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Don Y writes:
Looking to replace several 150W halogens with something a bit more
energy efficient.

I suspect LED isn't up to the task, yet, at those light levels
(in an outdoor fixture).

Your suspicion is incorrect. Outdoor 150W LED floods and spots work
quite well and provide similar lumens when compared to equivalent halogen or
incandescent bulbs. Available at CostCo.

Do you have a model number? The closest I can find is:
http://www.costco.com/TestRite-LED-Motion-Activated-Security-Light-.product.100248580.html
which appears to be *half* the intensity (per lamp) of a (single!)
150W halogen.

(I'm not keen on having to replace each fixture with a two-headed fixture;
it'll just look silly)