Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default OT Antique car shows

On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 6:12:02 PM UTC-8, rbowman wrote:
On 03/07/2016 10:56 AM, KenK wrote:
Read about a local antique car show in the newspaper yesterday. One model
pictured was a VW beetle convertable like I had bought new and drove for
several years. Does that make me an antique as well? sigh

It isn't exactly an antique car show but a local club has a show every
summer. There are a lot of beautiful restored '60s and '70s cars.
Unfortunately I drove a lot of them back in the day and a restored POS
is still a POS. I'm more into '30s and '40s coupes, but I imagine if you
came of age then they were crap too.

Yep, had several late 30s, drove a 26 buick (buddies inheritance) a short distance.

It really bothers me to have someone braggin one his 32 duece when all that remains of it is a grossly chopped up body and many times even tht is a fiberglass reproduction..

Harry K