Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Home appliance cost in hours

On Friday, March 11, 2016 at 8:17:48 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 6:58:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 07:32:22 -0600, "Dean Hoffman"
wrote:

This is from the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J.
Perry. Manufacturing workers can now buy 11 appliances
with 152 hours of labor what used to cost them 886 hours
of labor back in 1959.

Who has 11 appliances? I have 5. Stove, Refrig, Washer, Dryer,
Microwave. That's it. (Unless a TV, Stereo, Radio, Toaster, Electric
Frying pan, or Computer is considered an appliance... There are only 2
more appliances that I can think of, which I dont have. A Dishwasher and
a Freezer. What else is there..... To make 11 of them???

Well, since an "appliance garage" is designed to house/hide small electrics
and at least one definition of appliance reads "a device or piece of
equipment designed to perform a specific task, typically a domestic one"
the list can quite extensive.

Off the top of my head, I have at least 13:

Range
Refrigerator
Microwave
Dishwasher
Toaster Oven
Crock Pot
Stand Mixer
Drip Coffee Pot
Deep Fryer
Blender
Food Processor
Juicer
Coffee Grinder

Whoops, I forgot the freezer in the garage and the fridge in the basement.

I also left the washer and dryer off of my list.