Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default If gluttony is a sin...

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:18:55 -0800 (PST), bob_villain
wrote:

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 10:09:58 AM UTC-6, notX wrote:
On 03/10/2016 07:01 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 07:20:46 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

- AFIK, one of the tenants of xianity is that
everybody is a sinner. The thing is to own up to
it, be forgiven, and try not to do it again.

In that case, I'm an exception. I've never done any sins in my whole
life.

"Sin" is commonly defined only in reference to a particular imaginary
being. This being shows no sign of existence, other than as part of
certain belief systems. Only believers can sin, since the word is
undefined for others.

You can also "do wrong" to your yourself or others...it doesn't require your
"belief system" theory.

I never said I have not done wrong. I just never sinned, because in my
world, I can do wrong, or could even do a crime, but I dont believe in
religion, so the word "sin" dont exist for me. It's just a matter of
wording. But everything has words specific to whatever they do. Home
repair has words that are unknown to others. Such as underlayment.
Medical people have lots of those words, and computer words mean nothing
to people who dont use computers. Religion has the word "sin" and a lot
of other words that are only for that religion. And different religions
have different words, for example, for a Christian it's a "bible", but
for Jews, or Muslims, there are other words, for a similar but different
book.