red

Default PS2 Repair? Inserting ribon/flex cable...

Not positive if this is the same ribbon cable, but if it is the one im
thinking then try installing it backwards. Motherboard firts then drive
assembly second.

"Snoopy_" wrote in message
Hi,
I am attemtping a repair to a PS2. I dropped it from my son's
dresser and the cdrom tray became misstracked ( wouldn't close all the
way). I was able to get the thing apart, and fix the tracking issue,
but I am having a hello of a time inserting the ribbon cable that
connects to the laser portion of the cdrom. I thought I had it in
good enough, but when I plugged in in I received data errors. There
is only a two inch clearance between the cdrom, and the motherboard
that the flex/ribon cable connects to, is there a better method in how
to insert it into the connector? Thanks for any help.

Snoopy_