Snoopy_

Default PS2 Repair? Inserting ribon/flex cable...

Hi,
I am attemtping a repair to a PS2. I dropped it from my son's
dresser and the cdrom tray became misstracked ( wouldn't close all the
way). I was able to get the thing apart, and fix the tracking issue,
but I am having a hello of a time inserting the ribbon cable that
connects to the laser portion of the cdrom. I thought I had it in
good enough, but when I plugged in in I received data errors. There
is only a two inch clearance between the cdrom, and the motherboard
that the flex/ribon cable connects to, is there a better method in how
to insert it into the connector? Thanks for any help.

Snoopy_