Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default EdF finance director resigns over Hinkley Point C

In article , Tim Watts
writes
On 08/03/16 16:34, Tim Streater wrote:

Well, there's Sid the Sexist and the two Fat Slags.

If you want to see what the Fat Slags look like in real life, go to
Micklegate (road) in York on a Saturday afternoon.

I used to think Viz did an extreme caricature, but no, these creatures
really exist!

(Saturday lunchtime onwards, the more reprobate members of the north
east descend on York for stag and hen parties, or a general all day
****up. Micklegate is the closest road into the city centre with the
most pubs/etc. Hence they rarely get as far as the actual city centre.
Often found at the station at 2am wondering when the next train to
Newcastle is.)

It's a new thing - never happened much in 1986 - I think they used to
go abroad more (Majorca et al). Now austerity means they can't get
further than York and I suspect Edinburgh is less of an option as the
locals would kick the **** out of them once they started becoming a
nuisance.

York is the new Blackpool when it comes to hen parties.
--
bert