Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Home appliance cost in hours

On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 8:32:28 AM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
This is from the Carpe Diem site written by Mark J.
Perry. Manufacturing workers can now buy 11 appliances
with 152 hours of labor what used to cost them 886 hours
of labor back in 1959.

http://alturl.com/a7gqu or

http://www.aei.org/publication/monday-evening-links-6/

Only problem is there are no manufacturing workers left to buy them.

But that's OK, Trump is going to solve the loss of manufacturing jobs.
According to him and his simple mind, it's because of "currency manipulation"
by China and Mexico. He completely neglects the huge differences in wage
rates, environmental regulations, required health insurance, OSHA
regulations, cheap energy costs with China burning coal, etc. And
then we all know that because of automation, today far less labor
is required.

The other night he made another stunning display of ignorance. He
said "we have a $58 bil trade deficit with Mexico. The wall will cost
$10 bil. You think I can't make that deal?" What "deal" is that?
The $58 bil deficit is because Americans buy more goods from them than they
do from us. Which is what one expects when it's a modern super power
economy trading with a less developed country. So, what "deal" is
he even talking about? How does one trade a trade deficit for a
$10 bil wall?