Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EdF finance director resigns over Hinkley Point C

In article ,
Sam Crean wrote:
They may be part of the problem. But I think it is more than that.
More that there is no commercial pressure to make railways efficient.

And yet the monopoly phone system did away with operators even
when there was no commercial pressure to make things more efficient.

Yes - and we got rid of the man with the red flag walking in front of cars
at about the same time.

No survival of the fittest that occurs in the motor car industry.

There wasn‘t with lifts either.

The main problem with the railways in Britain is that there
is no one with the balls of a Maggie or Murdoch prepared
to take on the unions.

Balls? Quite amazing the people you admire, Wodney. But then the content
of the Murdoch empire is aimed at the mentally challenged.

--
*If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.